Thursday, March 1, 2012

Mountain Top Experiences

In my last post, I mentioned that I led worship and shared the message during church two Sundays ago.  I followed the lectionary, so I spoke on the Transfiguration (Mark 9:2-9).  I shared about mountain top experiences and how we all have (or will have) them during our lives.  A mountain top experience is one in which we feel so utterly close to God that we can seem Him and His glory in true clarity.  When we have mountain top experiences, it is easy to want to stay in them and never go back down the mountain.  But the reality is that we have to go back down the mountain.  However, we can take that feeling and the spiritual refueling from the mountain top experience with us and use it to serve and work alongside those people at the bottom of our mountain...I don't want to go on any further because I will spoil the video below!

Whitehouse Presbyterian Church is equipped with wonderful sound and video equipment, and they capture every service on video to share with members of the congregation who have a difficult time physically getting to church on a Sunday morning.  I uploaded video from the service, but had to cut out some parts for confidentiality reasons.  The video is in two parts: the first is the beginning portion of the service (including the children's address in which I accidentally used the word pants for trousers...oops!), and the second is my address.  I hope you enjoy! 


1 comment: